For more than 28 years, the Shan Herald Agency for News (SHAN) has risen up to the challenges that stood along its path to present genuine news for the people. Embracing its founding motto: “The Voice of SHAN, The Voice of the People,” it has been able to provide news for 1.5 million readers per months. Currently, we tirelessly produce multimedia platform including online daily news in English, Shan and Burmese; TV news; monthly magazine; and a 24 hour online radio program.
The aim is for each and all the people to achieve equal rights, a federal democratic union and uplifting of the people’s wellbeing. With this aim in mind, SHAN, since 2013, has moved to Taunggyi as a registered media organization which allows us to expand our operations and work closer with our audience.
However, the problem now is our rented office is too small, too expensive and too restricted to be able to work with all our might. Thus, for SHAN to be growing larger we need a strong foundation. Therefore, we need the sizeable rooms for its news meeting, trainings, TV studio, data collection center and public relations center will boost its daily service to the people.
Grand total 0 MMK
Needed of MMK 400,000,000 goal
#SHANBricks for the Herald
- “As the Shan saying goes: The sparrow is strong enough to carry a piece of thatch, the elephant a big log of wood, I urge you all to help SHAN to the best of your abilities.”
Ajarn Khuensai Jaiyen
- "Do it now, or it will not happen. I had already made my donation on the occasion of the 27th anniversary of the Shan Herald. This time friends have chipped in and we are able to give you another 200,000 Kyat."
- "Only the press has kept our eyes and ears open. I’m pleased to hear Editor Sai Hak Khur informing us that we will also be getting news not only in print, but in voice. I will also donate an acre of land for the office."
- "Try with all your might to make it and we shall support you."
Sai Long Hseng
- "Sadhu. Continue with your efforts. And we shall continue with our support."
Venerable Sao Sukhaminda
- "Our capacity may be small, but not our goodwill. Political parties maybe working for our nation, but if there isn’t a strong and vigorous media, our people will still be uninformed. We will therefore try to assist you as best we can May the Herald make a hundred and thousand times progress. "
- "The Shan Herald must maintain its impartial stand. This is my initial contribution. There shall be more, including a deed for the land."
- "Before, we were forced to look everything through dark glasses. Now we have people like you opening up our eyes and ears. The present sum of money from me will not be the last. More will be coming. "
- "We love all and hate no one. But we stand for our people. We serve them. We shall not allow anyone to abuse our people. May the seeds that are being planted today bear flowers and fruits in the future."